Box Truck Insurance
Insurance from Agents Who Know Box Trucks
"“I needed to call in a claim, thanks to their policies I was able to get my entire truck paid in full. My old company would of given me only half the amount needed."
Carl S | Baltimore, MD
Insure Your Box Truck and Van with the Best Insurance
There’s a reason our truck and van clients consistently send their friends to us for their van and truck insurance, they know we’ll work to get their box trucks the best coverage possible.
Instant Access to a live agent
Better Coverage for less
5 Star Service
What Is Box Truck Insurance?
Box Truck insurance is a package of commercial auto policies that are specialized to
Being a Box Truck owner has its risks
- An accident involving a tractor-trailer and a box truck along Interstate 95 in Jessup, Md
- The straight box truck that got into an accident in Delaware that led to a fatality
- The delivery box truck that flipped over on the MD-140 that caused one person to be airlifted to Shock Trauma
Box Truck Insurance FAQ’s
Businesses that require Box Truck Insurance
There are many types of business that haul goods that require
- Junk Removal
- Furniture Delivery
- Pallet Delivery
- Small Apartment Movers
- Small Office Movers
- Moving Services
- Small Truck Store
- Retail Delivery
When your box truck is your entire business, you need to do everything you can to mitigate the risks in case there is a serious issue
Box Truck Insurance Requirements
Liability insurance – Liability insurance is required by law in most states and many states will not issue your box truck or van permits and licenses without this basic level of protection. Liability insurance is there to pay for injuries and damages inflicted on other people when you are at fault in an auto accident. Box truck insurance includes bodily Injury and property damages.
Comprehensive Physical Damage Protection – Comprehensive damage protection provides insurance coverage for almost all conceivable hazard and perils your truck might encounter aside from collision and rollover events. Comprehensive protection
Property Damage – This insurance will help
Cargo Coverage – The cargo that you transport on your box truck is quite valuable. Protect it from loss with cargo insurance coverage.
Uninsured motorist – Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage protects you from losses that are caused if you get into an accident where the other driver doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance. If the driver at fault does carry liability insurance but it is not enough to pay for all of the damages and injuries inflicted by the accident, your uninsured motorist policy will make up the differences.
Bodily Injury – Bodily injury coverage pays for physical injuries and harm that is inflicted as a result of an auto accident. For
Collision Damage Protection – This coverage is designed to take care of your box truck if your car carrier turned too sharply into a truck stop and scraped the side of a building and gets damaged, or if it collided with another object. Collision damage protection will pay for the cost of the repairs.
Unattended Truck Coverage – Truck drivers are required by law to rest regularly when traveling long distances. Leaving the truck unattended opens it up to
Box Truck Coverage Includes:
- Physical Damage Coverage – This coverage insures the vehicle for any damages to it. Lenders make it compulsory for financed commercial truck purchases. Not only this, it must last the life of the loan. Your driving record will determine how much you pay for it; a clean driving record should cost you around 3% – 5% of the value of your vehicle, annually.
- Cargo Insurance – This is a must-have for every box truck owner. Whatever your hauling, should it break, you’ll be responsible and you need a policy that will cover any damage that happens to it. As a rule of thumb, the coverage amount should be in proportion to the value of the load. This coverage insures goods that were damaged by a collision, got burned by fire or damaged in water or lost in
theft. Non TruckingLiability – You’re not working 24/7 and you need coverage for the times your just driving around for non-commercial purposes. Non-trucking liability covers that for you.
- Equipment Coverage – Coverage that helps cover additional equipment, such as chains, tarps and any electronic equipment added to your truck
How Much Does Box Truck Insurance Cost
There are several factors that affect your trucking insurance policy cost this includes:
- How many trucks you need to insure
- The age, model and condition of the trucks you need on your policy
- The driving-record and experience of anyone who will be operating the vehicle
- Your annual coverage and routes you will cover
- What types of loads you will be hauling
- The amount of coverage options you select
- How much you pay as your deductible
Overall you can expect to pay 3 percent to 5 percent of your truck’s value for box truck insurance premiums.
Your typical premium is anywhere from 3 percent to 5 percent of the