Box Truck Insurance
Coverage from Agents Who Know Trucks
Insurance That Covers Your Trucks and Your Business:
As an box truck owner, you have several other coverage options that you can provide to supplement the liability insurance required by law. It’s confusing to figure out what you need, so understanding how much you need to pay and how much you will get back in return will help you choose the right coverage.
What Is Box Truck Insurance?
Box Truck insurance is a package of commercial auto policies that are specialized to cover the risks of owning and operating a box truck. The coverage is tailored to cover business like moving trucks and haulers and protect the truck, the driver, and the cargo.
Being an Owner Operator has its risks
Businesses that require Box Truck Insurance
There are many types of business that haul goods that require box truck or straight truck insurance. The most common types of businesses we
- Junk Removal
- Furniture Delivery
- Pallet Delivery
- Small Apartment Movers
- Small Office Movers
- Moving Services
- Small Truck Store
- Retail Delivery
When your truck is your entire business, you need to do everything you can to mitigate the risks in case there is a serious issue.
How Much Does Box Truck Insurance Cost
There are several factors that affect your trucking insurance policy cost this includes:
- How many trucks you need to
- The age, model and condition of the trucks you need on your policy
driving-recordand experience of anyone who will be operating the vehicle
- Your annual coverage and routes you will cover
- What types of loads you will be hauling
The amount ofcoverage options you select
- How much you pay as your deductible
Overall you can expect to pay 3 percent to 5 percent of your truck’s value for box truck insurance premiums.
Your typical premium is anywhere from 3 percent to 5 percent of the trucka
Box Truck Coverage Includes:
- Physical Damage Coverage – This coverage
insuresthe vehicle for any damages to it. Lenders make it compulsory for financed commercial truck purchases. Not only this, it must last the life of the loan. Your driving record will determine how much you pay for it; a clean driving record should cost you around 3% – 5% of the value of your vehicle, annually.
- Cargo Insurance – This is a must-have for every box truck owner. Whatever your hauling, should it break, you’ll be responsible and you need a policy that will cover any damage that happens to it. As a rule of thumb, the coverage amount should be in proportion to the value of the load. This coverage
insuresgoods that were damaged by a collision, got burned by fire or damaged inwater or lost in theft.
- Non Trucking Liability – You’re not working 24/7 and you need coverage for the times your just driving around for non-commercial purposes. Non-trucking liability covers that for you.
- Equipment Coverage – Coverage that helps cover additional equipment, such as chains, tarps and any electronic equipment added to your truck
What Our Clients Say
GET A BOX TRUCK INSURANCE QUOTE
Interested in getting your box truck
Use the form below.