Understanding general liability insurance in Texas
General liability insurance Texas or business liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability insurance, covers your business from bodily injury and property damage claims. These types of claims can occur during regular business days. Without insurance coverage, you may have to pay out of your pocket for the damages.
What Does General Liability Insurance Texas Cover?
Texas General liability insurance covers costs from claims like property loss or injury. It helps pay for:
- Medical expenses of the customer or the client who slip and fall in your business premises.
- Repair costs in fixing your space, which your employee accidentally damaged while working.
- Legal defense costs in case of a lawsuit.
- A settlement from a customer or client’s lawsuit, such as professional liability.
Commercial liability insurance Texas also helps cover claims of:
- Bodily injury or property damage caused by the business.
- Reputational harm resulted from professional liability, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, and violating one’s privacy.
- Advertising injury (copyright infringement from business ads)
- Medical costs if customers hurt themselves inside your business (professional liability, workers compensation).
- Damage to rented property due to fire, lightning, or explosion
Texas General Liability Insurance Cost
Last year, the national average cost of insurance by the general per month was $53. But this was only the average and not necessarily what you will have to pay. Your rate will depend on your specific small business’ features and some other factors.
One of these factors is your type of business. If your company is in a higher risk industry, you will have to pay a higher cost than lower-risk places. Construction companies are one example of a higher-risk field. Another factor influencing your commercial liability coverage cost is your company’s years of operation, location, size, structure condition, policy limits and deductibles, and insurance claims.
At the same time, small business insurance costs vary due to the business’ size, location, and industry, from an average monthly cost of $27 to thousands per month for large companies.
Below is the list of the main factors determining how much small business liability insurance costs and general liability insurance cost.
- Industry. If your company has higher potential risks, it will likely have lower premiums.
- Location. Your location and area of business have a significant impact on your premium.
- Gross Sales. The more you earn, the higher premium you will have to pay. If your business is earning $50,000 per year, you can expect a lower premium than larger firms that pay more than $1,000,000.
- Employees. If you have many employees, you will also have higher insurance costs (workers compensation).
- Policy Limits. You can decide how much policy you want and pay for it. For instance, general liability coverage has a $1,000,000 limit per claim will cost higher than the one at $500,000.
- Deductibles. Lower deductibles will mean higher premiums, so raising your deductibles will lower the cost of your policy.
- Experience. When a business has been in the industry for so long, it will likely have lower premiums than the new ones.
- Claims History. More claims will mean higher policy costs.
Who Needs General Liability Coverage Texas?
General liability insurance is mostly combined with property insurance, but it often comes with a stand-alone coverage for contractors. As a contractor or small business owner, you need business insurance general to protect your resources. A single mishap could end up in a claim that might go out of your control. The best way to protect it is to purchase liability coverage that suits your risk exposure. Some clients may need proof of your coverage before they decide on hiring you.
How Much Does Insurance Cost For General Contractors in Texas?
General contractor insurance Texas costs depending on your policy limits, equipment values, business risks, and other factors. General contractors pay a median premium of $90/month, or $1090 per year. Commercial or business insurance covers damages to third-party injuries, property damage, advertising injuries, and workers compensation. Insurance holders can save money by purchasing a bundle, a combination of insurance with general and commercial property insurance.
What Is The Average General Liability Insurance Cost?
The average Texas business liability insurance cost varies based on a study done. According to The Small Business Association, the cost for a small business general liability policy ranges between $750 – $2,000 annually or about $60 – $170 per month. The average cost of 18,000 policies is around $100 per month, while the median cost is $50 every month. So, many businesses pay $50 or less, and only a few companies spend $100 or more.
A survey was conducted at about 50,000 small businesses with ten or fewer employees on how much they pay for generals insurance. Based on the result, the typical liability insurance cost was about $30 a month. More than 80% of small businesses pay $30 monthly, while 95% pay $50. Only 1% of businesses pay liability insurance of over $100 a month.
The size of a business can directly affect insurance for general liability costs. As business earns a lot, has more employees, and occupies larger spaces, insurance costs will be higher. If the owner is working alone out of home, there’s not a lot to insure. If you have ten employees, a retail shop, and a $100,000 monthly cash flow, your policy will protect all these things. These policies will be workers compensation, property insurance, and business insurance against theft.
Car Insurance Coverage Texas
Texas is a big state with a lot of roads and highways that drivers traverse every day. Business owners should make sure that they are and their cars are protected with the right Texas car insurance policy. Whether you are new to Texas or just looking for a reasonable rate, you can ask for a car insurance quote from a reputable insurance provider online. Some policies in Texas come with features that allow you to save money and the best suitable coverage for your situation. Ensure as much information as you need to make the right decision for your car insurance needs.
Texas Business Insurance
Getting the best and affordable Texas business liability insurance is a lot easier compared to other states. Work with a reputable commercial liability specialist for a simple, convenient, lower rate, and faster liability insurance general quote in Texas.
Texas law requires general liability insurance for business owners in Texas. General liability coverage is created to protect Texas business owners from damages caused to a third party. Texas business owners have the choice of their insurance deductibles and policy limits. Texas commercial insurance is available to all types of businesses, such as retail shops, contractors, restaurants, healthcare, and more.
The Bottom Line
As business owners in Texas, it is hard to guess how much your business liability insurance costs. The actual monthly cost of a commercial business insurance policy varies based on the amount of coverage, business location, payroll, sales, and industry type. The best way to find your specific business insurance cost is to get a quote. You can tailor your policy to fit your business insurance needs.
To find the correct cost of your Texas general liability insurance is to contact a business insurance broker (rights reserved). An insurance agent will help to answer your questions related to legal insurance minimums. They will be happy to check on your business information and suggest plans and policies that would fit your needs and budget. You will be able to select the right amount of coverage you want, which means you can cut costs and keep things cheap as possible or get your insurance to protect your business in case of more extensive claims.
Ready to Start?
Our Texas general liability insurance experts are ready to for your guidance.